Sea Shanties at Amity Point
Looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday by the beach near Brisbane?
Sea Shanties at Amity Point is a little piece of paradise, set on the water’s edge with a view across the bay to Moreton Island.
Remember when holidays at the seaside were simple and fun? When Dad could fish, Mum could relax with a book and the kids could walk barefoot to the shop for an iceblock or to the beach to play cricket, when the family actually talked and laughed and played games together.
Of course the family dog came along too in those days. Recapture the simple pleasures at Sea Shanties, Amity Point.
- Seven self-contained cabins, newly refurbished with island decor
Dolphins at the waterfront, koalas in our eucalypts and birdlife calling above
- Pet-friendly (Well behaved DOGS ONLY). Pets allowed in some cabins
- Spectacular sunsets
- Well equipt outdoor kitchen and BBQ area so you can keep enjoying the waterfront views
- “Club Hollywood” undercover area for games and seminars
- Fishing from our jetty as well as nearby jetty, beaches and groins
- Amity Point remains a small genuine very relaxed fishing community
- Quiet surroundings apart from birds and laughter
- No clocks but free wi-fi available if you really, really want to connect to the outside world
- Ask us about our “Sunshine Certificates” so you get another chance to experience the island at its best if you don’t enjoy our rainy weather
Facilities & Location
- five minutes walk to shop and cafe, playground and tennis court
- ten minute walk to beaches and swimming areas,
- ten minute walk to buy fresh seafood direct from the fishermen
- three minute drive to well-designed boat ramp
- ten minute drive to 4WD beach
- fifteen minute drive to patroled surf beaches
- fifteen minute drive to some unique Straddie shops
- twenty minute drive from vehicular ferry terminal to the mainland